Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Styles and Freezing text box

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

in the most recent update of InDesign 15.1.1 everytime I change my character style my textbox becomes inactive and I am unable to continue typing. I have to keep activating my text box by clicking inside it again to continue typing. 

Please fix this bug. I shouldn't have to keep clicking to activate my textbox. I should be able to continue typing after changing a character style. 

I will be happy to explain further if needed. 

D

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should offer more information. What OS and what version of that OS are you using? Also, the latest version of InDesign is 15.1.1.103. Perhaps an update will fix the problem. One more thing to try is resetting preferences. https://indesignsecrets.com/rebuilding-indesign-preferences.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the lack of information. 

Im on a Macbook Pro 16" using Catalina 10.15.5Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 13.49.10.pngScreenshot 2020-07-07 at 13.47.43.png

I have no update for InDesign present. How sad. Is there anyway I can force check?

I'll try the preferences reset and let you know. 

Thank you, Scott. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update to this: 

I reset my preferences. Now only my arrow keys move through the sentences but I can't type anything as it's still frozen/inactive. I have to click inside the box again to start typing. I do hope the next available update has a fix for this. 

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines