Highlighted

Character Styles doing things they are not asked to do

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can anyone help with this?

I create a single function character style - say colour text blue - nothing else.  I apply this and it makes the text blue. So far so good. Then I decide I need it to be italic so I make another single function character style - Italic only.  I apply the new style and it makes the text italic, but turns it back to its original colour black even though when I double check the colour page of the style nothing is selected.  

I suppose what I am asking is - do character styles cancel one another out when applied irrespective of whether they are the same or different function?

Thanks

Topics

Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Character Styles doing things they are not asked to do

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can anyone help with this?

I create a single function character style - say colour text blue - nothing else.  I apply this and it makes the text blue. So far so good. Then I decide I need it to be italic so I make another single function character style - Italic only.  I apply the new style and it makes the text italic, but turns it back to its original colour black even though when I double check the colour page of the style nothing is selected.  

I suppose what I am asking is - do character styles cancel one another out when applied irrespective of whether they are the same or different function?

Thanks

Topics

Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
jmlevy LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is impossible to apply more than one character style (if you do it manually). The only way to apply mutiple character styles is using GREP styles. But if you explain in details what you want to achieve, we could guide you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines