Highlighted

Checkboxes not displaying correctly in some versions of Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a simple form with InDesign that has a series of checkboxes on it for a user to complete, save and submit via email. When I test it on my PC, it works perfectly every time. However, I have been told that some of the people receiving the form are not having success. Either the checkbox shows nothing when they click in it, or they get a strange vertical line, much like a shrunken checkmark that has been squeezed horizontally. I have Acrobat Reader Pro DC, and these folks seem to have Acrobat Reader or Reader DC (non-pro). What can be causing it and is there a way to remedy it?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Mike_Witherell | Adobe Community Professional

Acrobat > File > Save As Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools

Topics

EPUB, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Checkboxes not displaying correctly in some versions of Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a simple form with InDesign that has a series of checkboxes on it for a user to complete, save and submit via email. When I test it on my PC, it works perfectly every time. However, I have been told that some of the people receiving the form are not having success. Either the checkbox shows nothing when they click in it, or they get a strange vertical line, much like a shrunken checkmark that has been squeezed horizontally. I have Acrobat Reader Pro DC, and these folks seem to have Acrobat Reader or Reader DC (non-pro). What can be causing it and is there a way to remedy it?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Mike_Witherell | Adobe Community Professional

Topics

EPUB, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm hoping that the issue is resolved for you. 

If the above-mentioned solution or suggestion helped, please mark it correct.

If not, do let us know so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines