Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choose Assign Colour Profile in scripting - Select radio button

Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can we have the option to choose the radio button 'CMYK Profile/Assign Profile' in InDesign scripting? 

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 5.33.51 pm.png

app.activeDocument.cmykProfile = "GRACoL2013_CRPC6.icc";

But I can't choose the radio button, my result is below:

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 5.29.38 pm.png

Can you please guide me?

Thanks,

Selva 

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Selva,
not sure I understand – what radio button in the InDesign-native dialog is selected doesn't matter as long as the correct profile is assigned. And judging from you're screenshot the profile is correctly assigned.

Also important is what you set in your settings on PDF export. There would be another place where you could overwrite those settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the Color Settings’ CMYK Working space is the same as the document’s Assigned CMYK space, the radio button defaults to the middle Assign current working space. If your Color Settings profile is different then the Assign Profile radio button is selected, but in both cases the profile assignment is actually GRACol, and the only way to remove the profile would be to choose Discard (use current working space).

You could force the conflict with this:

app.colorSettings.properties = {workingSpaceCMYK:"U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2"}
app.activeDocument.cmykProfile = "Coated GRACoL 2006 (ISO 12647-2:2004)"

Which sets the Assignment dialog to this

Screen Shot 5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Thank you so much for the guidance. Nice explanation. 

I will work out then communicate with you if I need more clarification. 

Regards,

Selva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

CSF file is important to load in the InDesign before creating the PDF or just ICC color profile is enough to create our Desired output. By assign the color profile to our document.

Thanks

Ganesh.R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also please let us know CSF is necessary to load in InDesign file. Becuase without using CSF I get the desired output "GRACoL2013_CRPC6.icc" by loading the ICC profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob

Please let us know CSF is necessary to load in InDesign file? Because without using CSF, I get the desired output "GRACoL2013_CRPC6.icc" by loading the ICC profile and Do Assign profile in InDesign.

If I not load the CSF there is any issue in output PDF.

Upto my understanding regarding CSF it just a color setting file it shows error if there is any mismatch of color setting between application and InDesign Document. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Ganesh.R

Thanks

Ganesh.R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color Settings are your color management preferences for creating new documents, they don’t normally affect existing documents. The document’s assigned profiles (Edit>Assign Profiles...) handle the document’s color management—the only exception would be documents with no color profiles assigned, in those cases the Color Settings’ Working Spaces are used.

The Color Settings’ Working Spaces do not have to match a document’s assigned profiles—the document profiles always override the current Color Settings’ profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rob

Thanks for your information, I am clear now

Regards

Ganesh.R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines