Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Circle in backgrond can't be on my pring

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indesign problem.JPG

Hi everyone! I just started at a new job where I  need to work with Indesign. I've only had the basics at school and I'm stuck with a file I need to adjust. This is a file I didn't make, but just have to change a bit.

On the picture you can see the background of my file. This is used to package a product and the red circle is an indication where the product will be so there can't be any text there. 

The problem is though that if I want to print the full document the red circle can't be on my print and I have no clue how to make it go away. I deleted every text box and image to see if I could move it and delete it but it seems like it is part of the background... It should go away somehow though because I see images of this file without the red circle.

Is there anyone who knows the sollution? It would help me a lot!

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Then, unfortunately, you'll need to remove it at the source: I'd suggest trying Illustrator if it's a vector graphic, or Photoshop if it's a pixel-based graphic.

This is probably not the answer you were looking for. But it is an accurate one.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, is the cirlcle on a layer of its own or is it part of something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is part of the background and that is the same layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then, unfortunately, you'll need to remove it at the source: I'd suggest trying Illustrator if it's a vector graphic, or Photoshop if it's a pixel-based graphic.

This is probably not the answer you were looking for. But it is an accurate one.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try this, but hope there is an easier way since all the documents are designed like this and it seems like a lot of work to delete it in Illustrator or Photoshop every time.

But thanks very much for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're placing the same file, you should only have to do it once ... or once for every source file. After that, placing will be no issue.

Good luck,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even better, after you fix the source file once, when you open any InDesign file where that's already been placed, you'll get a freindly alert to update the linked graphic. When you update it, that InDesign file will be fixed too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select the background image, and see if you have Object Layer Options available. If the circle is on its own layer in the background file, you can turn it off there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines