• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color problems when exporting PDF

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems with my InDesign exports. My colors are much duller, the blacks are not deep at all and are even sometimes downright gray...

A quick example below.

Thanks in advance for your help.

What I can see when I am on InDesign

Capture d’écran 2021-04-14 à 10.54.32.png

What my export looks like : 

Capture d’écran 2021-04-14 à 10.54.52.png

  

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

judging by the middle image you're working with RGB images and export to CMYK – right?

If your output is intented to be printed, then there's not much you can do, since CMYK has a smaller gamut, meaning you can't replicate every RGB color in CMYK (imagine a bright 255-Red – you can't print that with CMYK).

The middle black images has another issue – if it's an RGB image then it gets converted to 4c black, so for example resulting in CMYK 83 / 67 / 51 / 95.
Your background solid color seems to be InDesign's [Black], which is 0 / 0 / 0 / 100. So there you have your difference.

In that szenario, either extend your image in Photoshop (safer version) or make sure the colors match after export.
The values depend on what profiles you're using in InDesign – you also could set up a RGB 0 / 0 / 0 color swatch in InDesign, which then gets converted on export – but then the RGB profiles (image vs. InDesign doc) have to match to get the same CMYK values.

If it's for web only, change your transparency blending space to RGB and export without color conversions to CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The color in general doesn’t seem to be outside of the printable gamut, so it seems more like mismatched color settings. Try exporting as PDF/X-4, which will include an output intent for the preview in Acrobat. Also check your InDesign Color Settings, there is a bug in the latest CC updates that turns off color management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines