• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color woes - change in colour values not responding?

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with InDesign colors. When I try to change the value of a colour (RGB or CMYK) it doesn't stick, and changes to an apparently random, less saturated shade? If I export this to a PDF, lets say, I notice that when I open the PDF on my system with acrobat pro DC, it also looks less saturated - however when I send it to another system, it looks way off (hyper-saturated).

Things I have noticed:

• If I selected the fill colour to a saturated colour (see attachment 1), the change doesn't stick and it defaults to a desaturated colour (see attachment 2)
  • I have tried synching and restarting colour settings via Bridge without success 😞
  • I have tried removing adobe suite and using it on another system, and I'm having similar issues
  • See attachment 3 for my Indesign Color Settings
  • See attachment 4 for recording

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Hello Monboostu,

This is working as intended. Your colour space you are currently in is CMYK. So any colours you mix in this space will convert to CMYK. The blue you are trying to use doesn't exist in whatever CMYK colour profile you are using (do a google search on Color Space Gamuts if you want to find out more).  I guess the confusing part is you have a RGB picker for a colour guide for a CMYK output.

For a better visual guide for picking colours, use the color palette, which can be found und

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Monboostu,

This is working as intended. Your colour space you are currently in is CMYK. So any colours you mix in this space will convert to CMYK. The blue you are trying to use doesn't exist in whatever CMYK colour profile you are using (do a google search on Color Space Gamuts if you want to find out more).  I guess the confusing part is you have a RGB picker for a colour guide for a CMYK output.

For a better visual guide for picking colours, use the color palette, which can be found under Window > Color > Color. Go to its menu options and make sure you have CMYK selected.

Regards,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines