Color

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why I copy and paste the same box of text in the same document and the color change a little bit?

TOPICS
How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021
Hi amparoe75656164, are you using RGB or HSB colors with the text frame you copied?   It might be that you copied the text frame from a spread with transparency to a spread without transparency. ( Or the opposite direction. ) In viewing mode Normal you'll see a difference if color management must simulate color conversion from RGB to CMYK on a spread with transparency. The RGB numbers of the fill color of both rectangles are still the same. From my German InDesign 2021 on Windows 10:   To see t...

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi amparoe75656164,

are you using RGB or HSB colors with the text frame you copied?

It might be that you copied the text frame from a spread with transparency to a spread without transparency. ( Or the opposite direction. ) In viewing mode Normal you'll see a difference if color management must simulate color conversion from RGB to CMYK on a spread with transparency. The RGB numbers of the fill color of both rectangles are still the same. From my German InDesign 2021 on Windows 10:

TransparencyOnSpread-1.PNG

To see the small checkerboard icon on a spread in the Pages panel you have to enable the feature in the Pages panel's options:

PagesPanelOptions-TransparencyEnabled.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines