• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour not displaying correctly in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I did the last update to InDesign on 12 March 2021 the colours displaying on my screen are not correct (turquoise looks blue, yellow looks lime green etc). I've calibrated my screen and checked settings but can't seem to fix the issue – as a designer its imperitive that colours look true to life so this is a bit of an issue. And its only occuring in InDesign. Has anyone else had this problem? 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Color Settings and make sure they have not been set to Emulate InDesign 2.0 CMS Off—there have been reports of that happening with CC2021 installations.

If that’s not the problem, tell us what mode the problem colors are set to. Is there transparency on the page? Do you have Overprint Preview turned on or off? Show some screen captures. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

You are a star! The Color Setting has indeed changed to the Emulate InDesign 2.0 CMS Off! Set it back to match a colleagues mac (Europe General Purpose 3) and the colours on screen now look normal. Thank you so much. I wish these updates wouldn't change settings!

Thanks again – not sure i would ever have known to check that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues, updated it to the new version and every time i start up indesign, it resets to Emulate InDesign 2.0 CMS Off. I keep chaing to my prefered colour spectrim. Then again, resets to Emulate InDesign 2.0 CMS Off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a reoccurring bug that was happening in an earlier CC version. Try deleting your Caches folder and restarting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i uninstalled Indesign, removed the caches and installed again. Ill keep watch and see what it does, Thanks your feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, try deleting or moving the Color Cache folder, which is here:

Users⁩ ▸ ⁨username ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Caches⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe⁩ ▸ ⁨Color⁩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nikkis72067199 said:

"… (turquoise looks blue, yellow looks lime green etc) …"

That's because of a bug when updating either InDesign, PhotoShop and Adobe Bridge. The bug is changing your color management settings to "Emulate InDesign 2.0 CMS Off". That's the one thing, that happened. Rob Day provided a way to correct that. The other thing is, there is a second bug with HSB colors that look wrong if you switch your color management settings off with "Emulate InDesign 2.0 CMS Off".

That second bug is now fixed in the upcoming InDesign 2021 version 16.2.0.30. See:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/fixed-issues.html

Fixed issues in InDesign
HSB colors in Swatches and Color panels work incorrectly when the Color Settings is set to "Emulate Adobe InDesign 2.0 CMS Off".

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/42504469

FWIW: InDesign 2021 version 16.2.0.30 should be available for everyone by the end of the week.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Laubender,

Thank-you for this erudite information!!  I spent 2 hours last night "fixing" a multipage doc with a lot of different elements in its design/layout.  

Tried and changed so many settings just to get a printed copy for a hard proof.  Two different "objects", on the same page, with a CMYK colour from the same palette/selection equals:  One object printed correctly and the second printed with an entirely different colour.  That is only one example.  There are so many things wrong with the output it was frustrating.

I reviewed the settings on everything I could think of:  Started on my printer, then OS, then worked backwards to InDesign.  Some docs print correctly but even older files that used to be perfect aren't coming out correctly all the time.  

A bug, you say, ...?   Glad?? to hear that it is not me, ... this time.  Arghh, ... .

I am on a macOS. 

So far I do not see any InDesign update offered - hope it is coming sooner than later!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have to wait for a new version of InDesign 16.2 a little longer.

The delivery that came in phases for several regions stopped to fix some new bugs that sneaked in.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines