• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour Settings - Not able to Export to PDF.

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully someone can help me. 

I am trying to export my document to PDF.  It shows me a warning about source profiles that do not match colour settings file and that my transparacy blend space does not match.  I do try to correct this in the output section by making sure the document is exporting in CMKY.  But when it exports to PDF, nothing happens.  It shows me a file has exported but I am unable to open the document. It says the file size is 0. 

stephaniep98481991_0-1607431841572.png

Just to take note, the original document was created by a freelancer.  I am just updating and adding some things to the original file that was not created by me.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

You can be sure that it is not relative to the profiles. Try to export half or your file to find the problem. It the first half exports correctly, the error is in the other half. So, try to export the half of the second halph and so on…

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screen shot of the warning message? It should not prevent you to export the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all I get this

stephaniep98481991_0-1607433896572.png

Then this

stephaniep98481991_1-1607433914257.png

And then it shows a PDF with file size of 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is somewhere else but non concording profiles do not prevent to create a PDF. But just to be sure to understand, what is the transparency blend space of your file? And what is the destination profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both warnings can be safely ignored and shouldn’t stop the export, so there is probably some placed asset causing the problem. Can you get the export to work if you export a single page?

The blend space warning happens when the document’s Transparency Blend Space conflicts with the export’s Destination Space. The Smallest File Size preset exports to sRGB, so you’ll get the warning if the blend space is CMYK and there is transparency in the document.

The second warning happens when the document’s Assigned profiles (Edit>Assign Profiles) are something other than sRGB and US Web SWOP. Obviously there are many cases where you would want to assign other profiles, so that warning can also be ignored, but if the PDF is for screen viewing an sRGB assignment would be preferred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I checked, this is my profile

stephaniep98481991_0-1607450538847.png

And these are my export settings: 

stephaniep98481991_1-1607450717086.png

I tried converting to PDF/X-4 preset.  It allowed me to but the file size is really large which I am trying to avoid. Even when optimizing in PDF its very large. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen if you export to the default PDF/X-4 preset? Are there any extra large or complex placed assets—are you waiting long enought for the export to complete? There is a progress icon in the upper-left control panel:

Screen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Rob 

These are alerts telling me 'fail to convert to PDF'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can be sure that it is not relative to the profiles. Try to export half or your file to find the problem. It the first half exports correctly, the error is in the other half. So, try to export the half of the second halph and so on…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried to export a single page using the [Smallest File Size] preset?

If that works then it is probably a placed object, and you can export sections until you find the problem as @jmlevy suggests.

The captures you posted are Warnings and wouldn’t indicate that the PDF did not export—I can force the same warnings and export sucessfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines