Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour settings warning during PDF export

Enthusiast ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I'm using these colour settings (btw default settings when I created the document):

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 09.57.43.png

When I export it to PDF using the High Quality Print preset I get this warning:

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 09.49.51.png

Where could I start looking for the culprit?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

your preset and output colour intent is different ie Your CMYK working space is different to what the High quality output setting is based on. But dont worry about that warning... it looks more serious than it is in this particular case

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your preset and output colour intent is different ie Your CMYK working space is different to what the High quality output setting is based on. But dont worry about that warning... it looks more serious than it is in this particular case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I'm just plunging myself into the InDesign and design world in general I had no idea about what all that meant and just didnt change anything.

In this case, I changed output preset to Press Quality and suddenly the warning went away. 

One day I will understand the rest! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The warning is a weird non sequitur.

It happens when the document’s assigned RGB and CMYK profiles are something other than sRGB and US Web Coated SWOP (Edit>Assign Profiles...) doesn’t seem to matter what the application’s Color Settings are.

PDF presets don’t have an option to set source profiles, the source would be the profiles assigned to the document and its placed objects. Obviously there are many cases where you don’t want to assign either sRGB or SWOP as the source profiles.

Also, I can modify the [High Quality] preset in a way that has nothing to do with color profiles and the warning goes away—adding crop marks:

Screen Shot 21.pngScreen Shot 22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines