Highlighted

Colour showing differently on different screens

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am hoping somene can advise, I have made a number of fact sheets but for some reason now that it has went live on the website, some people are seeing the back page logo as I had on Indesign (all white) and some are seeing it with a very bright green over the top. I have seen the green, but am now looking on two devices and see only the white. What could casue this issue? I am also being told that the logo prints green, but again when I check it is white. The same logo is son the front page so I suggested deleting the logo and copying from te one that looks ok and am told this helps with some and not with others, very confusing!

Ill add a link of one of the fact sheets (others can be found on every 'Our Research' page.

https://www.bionicsinstitute.org/Handlers/Download.ashx?IDMF=727d91bf-ff98-4933-bb29-c9a17be4bb5a

I was a beginer with Indesign when i started but have enjoyed so although I do not work for them anymore i would both like to help and to know how to stop this issue in future.

Many thaks for anyone who can offer a suggestion.

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Colour showing differently on different screens

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am hoping somene can advise, I have made a number of fact sheets but for some reason now that it has went live on the website, some people are seeing the back page logo as I had on Indesign (all white) and some are seeing it with a very bright green over the top. I have seen the green, but am now looking on two devices and see only the white. What could casue this issue? I am also being told that the logo prints green, but again when I check it is white. The same logo is son the front page so I suggested deleting the logo and copying from te one that looks ok and am told this helps with some and not with others, very confusing!

Ill add a link of one of the fact sheets (others can be found on every 'Our Research' page.

https://www.bionicsinstitute.org/Handlers/Download.ashx?IDMF=727d91bf-ff98-4933-bb29-c9a17be4bb5a

I was a beginer with Indesign when i started but have enjoyed so although I do not work for them anymore i would both like to help and to know how to stop this issue in future.

Many thaks for anyone who can offer a suggestion.

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What some people might see as «bright green» is just an illusion. Also called «Moiré» – caused by the thin/fine lines in your graphic.

Question: What file type did you use for the Logo? Doesn't look like Vector (.ai). If you don't have any AI/EPS, try a TIFF (bitmap, 1200ppi) and change the color to white inside InDesign.

Good luck!

PS: for some reason, the file was called Download.ashxp – as a result, the downloaded PDF ist then Download.ashx.pdf 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much toughmedia, that sounds like it may work! I made these a while ago and am travelling so cant check what I used but I do remember there being various files with the logo and I bet I choose the wrong one! I will let them know and hopefully that will be fixed, thanks again!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0