Highlighted

Columns within single text frame

New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create columns of text for a partial text selection within a single text frame?

Say I have 10 paragraphs. I want the middle three to be formatted as columns.

I actually have pages of content with threaded text frames and all the text is in a single story. I need to format a few paragraphs in the middle as columns. I can't break the flow in case edits are made elsewhere in the story. Creating a new text box for columns would mean that adding or subtracting content above the column text frame would push or pull the select paragraphs out of the column frame, causing the content to be formatted as columns.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barb Binder | Adobe Community Professional

Yes. You can select the three paragraphs in a 1-column frame and set Split to 3.

~Barb

y_example.gif

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Columns within single text frame

New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create columns of text for a partial text selection within a single text frame?

Say I have 10 paragraphs. I want the middle three to be formatted as columns.

I actually have pages of content with threaded text frames and all the text is in a single story. I need to format a few paragraphs in the middle as columns. I can't break the flow in case edits are made elsewhere in the story. Creating a new text box for columns would mean that adding or subtracting content above the column text frame would push or pull the select paragraphs out of the column frame, causing the content to be formatted as columns.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barb Binder | Adobe Community Professional

Yes. You can select the three paragraphs in a 1-column frame and set Split to 3.

~Barb

y_example.gif

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~Barb

y_example.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 1