• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compare you're own design view in Indesign

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am designing a document and i wonder if its possible to compare the document you designed with a preview and some adjustments you think will work or not ... with the current design in the left view and in the right view the adjustments you want to make - kind of like in Premiere Pro - where you can see the actual footage in the left screen and the adjustments and timeline you're making in the right view. 

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Methyleen,

that's perfectly possible with InDesign.

You can add another layout window showing the same document and change the view settings in that second layout window from e.g. "Normal" to "Preview" with e.g. Overprint Preview or even separation ink channels.

Go to Window > Arrange > New Window for "Name of your document":

NewWindowForDocument-1.png

Example below. Left layout window is in "Normal" view, right window is in "Preview" with ink channels showing where black ink is turned off to see if black text overprints the yellow background of the text frame.

NewWindowForDocument-2.png

Also useful if you want to zoom in with that second window:

NewWindowForDocument-4.png

Other applications:

You have a multipage document with a table of contents in one layout window and the other is showing the beginning of a chapter somewhere in the document. Or you have master pages showing in one window and document pages in the other.

NewWindowForDocument-5.png

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Uwe, thats very helpful and nice to have it present. But thats more for detail view of the same document. I am looking for options as available in Premiere Pro where you can see the presets applied and the original file - so you can decide which looks feels best, looks best. I am wondering if InDesign can adapt that functionality from Premiere Pro - for example that you have font presets (Header Comic Sans and Text Roman 😉 and see it applied to your document and realize that it is a crap preset (although with a bit of fantasy you already know that ... ) or can apply other images or borders without damaging the original file. Now i have to apply al the options, save them, make for every variation a pdf and compare them in acrobat.  But that can be my crappy workflow and hope somebody has a better solution that i didn/t oversee. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines