Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Composed book to epub

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I composed a book in InDesign CC (16.1) and my client wants an ebook version apart from the printed book.

My problem is that I composed the book for printing (fixed A5 size), and if I export it to epub, everything that I composed simply rearrange itself in the ebook reader. I tried the fixed epub version, still not good.

I want everything to be the same in the epub as in the printed book (pdf).

The other problem I have is I want to create a navigational table of contents to be available (like in every ebook).

I followed the steps in this tutorial:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-to/indesign-navigational-table-of-contents.html

But it just doesn't work for me. There's no table of contents in the "Bookmark" section of my ebook reader.

Please, help!

Thank you!

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

A reflowable ePub is a quite different format from the print version and producing them is not intuitive. For example, all text (and characters) have to be styled, and for every kind of leading and line spacing, all images need to be anchored, no Master Pages and no folios.

I suggest you take one of the excellent online video courses on producing ePubs on Linkedin Learning, you can get 30-days free access.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A reflowable ePub is a quite different format from the print version and producing them is not intuitive. For example, all text (and characters) have to be styled, and for every kind of leading and line spacing, all images need to be anchored, no Master Pages and no folios.

I suggest you take one of the excellent online video courses on producing ePubs on Linkedin Learning, you can get 30-days free access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

These courses seem realy helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines