• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connection with NAS-system interrupted, when making heavy processes with indesign

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gibts also others who have all their documents on a NAS system (more exactly, usually connected via cable, in the office) and process with Indesign larger books (consisting of numerous individual documents) with a lot of images and maps, which of course computer and software a little demand? For me, both on MacBook and IMac (latest operating system) is not always, but always disconnected from the NAS when running large processes, for example, when packing, writing a PDF of the whole book, but also when I add a document to the book, delete a document from the book or change the order.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> individual documents

As I understand you are works not in a team with InCopy-InDesign or other workflow. Why don't you even use it network storage here?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because I have no normal hard disk. I only have my documents on a Nas, where I an others in my team can always work on them. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines