Highlighted

Constrain proportion in indesign 2021

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions, if I held shift + command it constrained the proporations. What hot keys do I use now to do so? 

TOPICS
Feature request, Performance, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Constrain proportion in indesign 2021

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions, if I held shift + command it constrained the proporations. What hot keys do I use now to do so? 

TOPICS
Feature request, Performance, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has changed for constraining proportion in InDesign 2021.

It sounds like you may be having another application or extension which capturing your keystrokes so modifier keys don't work properly. To test, reboot your computer. If possible, disable startup applications. OPEN INDESIGN FIRST and test the shortcut. Chances are it will work fine. Then watch carefully as you launch other applications. Often virus blockers or browser extensions capture keystrokes and you may to change their settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. I completely agree with @Steve Werner. In addition to what he has suggested, you may also try starting your computer in safe mode and work on the app there. Let us know if you have similar issues with keyboard shortcuts there. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0