• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constrain proportions when scaling

Explorer ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just moved up to Big Sur (with great trepidation) and now one of the things that is hampering productivity is the fact that I can no longer hold down combinations of Cmd/Option/Shift to variously scale from the edge or the centre of an object (or group) by dragging a handle. I'm guessing something else is hijacking those modifier keys - I'd be grateful for any tips on this because I can't find what's doing it. Please tell me this feature hasn't been designed out.

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Hi @simonb61272824:

We hear this a lot. The Webroot solution that @Eugene Tyson linked to may well be the issue, but if it is not, then another application is interfering with InDesign's modifier keys. Quit all open apps and reboot the computer. Only open InDesign. Are the shortcuts working again? If not, examine the apps that auto-load when you boot up. Once you are aware that this is the issue, you can usually narrow down the offending app pretty quickly. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @simonb61272824:

We hear this a lot. The Webroot solution that @Eugene Tyson linked to may well be the issue, but if it is not, then another application is interfering with InDesign's modifier keys. Quit all open apps and reboot the computer. Only open InDesign. Are the shortcuts working again? If not, examine the apps that auto-load when you boot up. Once you are aware that this is the issue, you can usually narrow down the offending app pretty quickly. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Barb & Eugene have pretty much covered everything in their responses.

If you still find issues, I'd request to follow the suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) & let us know if they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines