• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content grabber not showing when I share my screen in a Zoom meeting

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a high school teacher teaching (due to COVID) half of my kids at home and half in the classroom, simultaneaously. I wear a headset and teach the ones at home through a Zoom meeting while the kids in the classroom listen and watch what I'm doing on a big screen. Challenging, to say the least. I just started teaching InDesign and have noticed a weird bug: when I'm sharing my screen, the content grabber does not appear on any of my graphic frames. I can still move the content (the pointer turns to a hand when it's in the middle of the frame) but there's no visible donut. This is an issue when I'm teaching kids who have never used InDesign and are watching my workspace as an example. I've scoured the internet and cannot find anyone else having this issue. Btw, I've looked in View > Extras and "show content grabber" is not available (only "hide" is available). Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also teach InDesign via Zoom to classes to adult students at UC Berkeley Extension.

In InDesign 2021, which I teach, I have not had a problem displaying the Content Grabber in Zoom, or in finding the Show Content Grabber command (see illustrations below):

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 9.20.46 AM.png 

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 9.21.40 AM.png

If this happens in every file, I'd suggest restoring your InDesign preferences and caches:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDe...

If it only happens in one file, there might be corruption. Try saving the file as IDML (File > Save As > InDesign CS4 or Later [IDML]). Then reopen the IDML and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, it happens in every file I use.  Rebuilding the preferences did not fix it. In your directions for rebuilding the cache files, what name do I rename those files? They are already named "InDesign."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines