Highlighted

Contents page Interactivity.

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I created a booklet and built my contents page (using the contents page feature). When I export as an interactive PDF the contents page (interactivity) works fine. My question is however, when I publish it online via InDesign, should the (interactive) contents page work as well or doesn't publishing online support that feature?

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by federico_platon | Adobe Community Professional

Publish online keeps interactivity when seen on the web.

But there are some button actions that are exclusive or only waorking when exported to PDF, they will not work, while some others do not work in any situation (on different devices and OS) in PDFs.

Pay attention when you select a button and add some actions, there is a first (sub)group for both online& epub/pdf, a second for online&epub, and a last one for PDF only, it's stated on top of each subgroup.

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Contents page Interactivity.

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I created a booklet and built my contents page (using the contents page feature). When I export as an interactive PDF the contents page (interactivity) works fine. My question is however, when I publish it online via InDesign, should the (interactive) contents page work as well or doesn't publishing online support that feature?

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by federico_platon | Adobe Community Professional

But there are some button actions that are exclusive or only waorking when exported to PDF, they will not work, while some others do not work in any situation (on different devices and OS) in PDFs.

Pay attention when you select a button and add some actions, there is a first (sub)group for both online& epub/pdf, a second for online&epub, and a last one for PDF only, it's stated on top of each subgroup.

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A properly created Table of Contents will retain interactivity and links to pages in an Online Publish file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I hope your issue has been resolved. But if the issue still persists, please let us know so that we can assist you.

If any of the above-mentioned solutions have worked for you, kindly mark the answer correct. 

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 0