• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continuous background music (mp3 audio) in e-pub (indesign)

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on an ePub (fixed layout) and I want to add music that will start at the first page and continue through all of the ebook pages (and loop allover again) - can it be done? how?

I tried to add "media" at the fist page - check the  "play on load" and "loop" (didn't checked the ""stop on page turn) but the music stops after the page turn...

Please Help

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 14.13.23.png

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign EPUB forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at CircularFLO: https://www.circularflo.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh, did you ever get a reply? I would like to do the same 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to play continuous audio in the background of an epub. Either by manual coding, or by using a third-party product. Aside from CircularFLO, another alternative is PubCoder. 

PubCoder imports the FXL epub from InDesign, and in the project settings an option is available to have an audio file playing across the entire book. Works in the Apple readers, as well as Thorium (Win, Mac, Linux). 

PubCoder is great, but has one caveat that it will not support InDesign's animation or interactivity features. The workflow is different: create your static FXL book in InDesign, import in PubCoder, add the animations and interactivity, export. Works very, very well. Unlike CircularFLO it is available for Windows and Mac. And very affordable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this - I will take a look. A shame Adobe hasn't added it yet but will investigate the options you've mentioned. SJ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Were able to figure this out by any chance?

I am looking to have continuos audio playing througout my ePub as well, but haven't had any luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio restarts as you change pages. So you can just stay in one page, and design the ePub so there is an internal navigation that allows you to go forward in you pages/slides  (MSO).

How about that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I'm not sure that would work for my current project but something to consider in future. Thanks again šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, was this ever figured out. I am looking to do the same thing ans have the same issues but in online dgital publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is almost entirely a reader-dependent idea; audio is very irregularly supported in EPUB and multifunction readers and a generic 'EPUB' solution isn't likely to work across any large number of them.

And not to second guess anyone's design, but I can't imagine wanting to/tolerating an audio loop playing across even a few pages of a brochure. Not sure this is a... thought-out design element or need.

ā€”

ā•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ā•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case the music element is important as the slideshow acts almost as a film trailer. - This feature doesnt seem to be supported though via Adobe digital publishing. I was hoping maybe if I added the music track to a master page it would work but that also doesn't seem to be the case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Step 1: Don't use ADP. It's in the very bottom tier of EPUB readers.

Unless you have a very specific and controlled presentation ā€” that is, if you are not going to release this as a general-audience EPUB ā€” I'd design for proper operation on Thorium Reader and then, if necessary, tweak it for any other major platform.

It is still going to take fairly deep EPUB surgery to make a file play continuously, I think. As noted, the audio feature is designed to work page by page and you will have to find a way to override that.

ā€”

ā•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ā•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines