Continuous background music (mp3 audio) in e-pub (indesign)

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on an ePub (fixed layout) and I want to add music that will start at the first page and continue through all of the ebook pages (and loop allover again) - can it be done? how?

I tried to add "media" at the fist page - check the  "play on load" and "loop" (didn't checked the ""stop on page turn) but the music stops after the page turn...

Please Help

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 14.13.23.png

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Continuous background music (mp3 audio) in e-pub (indesign)

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on an ePub (fixed layout) and I want to add music that will start at the first page and continue through all of the ebook pages (and loop allover again) - can it be done? how?

I tried to add "media" at the fist page - check the  "play on load" and "loop" (didn't checked the ""stop on page turn) but the music stops after the page turn...

Please Help

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 14.13.23.png

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 20, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign EPUB forum

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 0
Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at CircularFLO: https://www.circularflo.com/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh, did you ever get a reply? I would like to do the same 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
Guide ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to play continuous audio in the background of an epub. Either by manual coding, or by using a third-party product. Aside from CircularFLO, another alternative is PubCoder. 

PubCoder imports the FXL epub from InDesign, and in the project settings an option is available to have an audio file playing across the entire book. Works in the Apple readers, as well as Thorium (Win, Mac, Linux). 

PubCoder is great, but has one caveat that it will not support InDesign's animation or interactivity features. The workflow is different: create your static FXL book in InDesign, import in PubCoder, add the animations and interactivity, export. Works very, very well. Unlike CircularFLO it is available for Windows and Mac. And very affordable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this - I will take a look. A shame Adobe hasn't added it yet but will investigate the options you've mentioned. SJ 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio restarts as you change pages. So you can just stay in one page, and design the ePub so there is an internal navigation that allows you to go forward in you pages/slides  (MSO).

How about that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I'm not sure that would work for my current project but something to consider in future. Thanks again 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0