• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Controlling where a new spread appears when duplicating (Renamed for clarity)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there beautiful Adobe Support Community,

Is there a way, when adding a new page into an Indesign document, that it gets inserted following the active page/spread you are working on rather than it being placed at the end of the document? 

Thank you in advanced! x

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Select the page(s) you want to duplicate on the Pages panel, then hold Option/Alt to drag where you want them. You'll see a vertical gray bar indicate where the duplicated pages will go.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose Layout > Pages > Insert Pages. Choose how many pages to add and where to insert them in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek but inserting pages was not my challenge. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign are you using, Purpose? In 2020 (v. 15.02), when I use the Create New Page button at the bottom of the Pages panel, the new pages do follow the active page/spread (highlighted with blue on both the page icons and the page numbers). They are not appended to the end unless I select the last page/spread first.

~Barb

x_example.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, creating a new page does follow active page/spread but they do not have the same document margins and columns and I have to set it every time. So I duplicate pages and that appends to the end of my 105 page palette! Any ideas there? 

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select the page(s) you want to duplicate on the Pages panel, then hold Option/Alt to drag where you want them. You'll see a vertical gray bar indicate where the duplicated pages will go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you answered the question about margins in the other thread but still no resolution for duplicated pages to be inserted following active page rather than at the end of the document. Only adding new pages inserts after active page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines