Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert Endnotes to static endnotes

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a client that wants to add endnotes to the copy out of sequence. Ie. adding endnote 64 and 65 before endnote 12 and changing the order of endnotes ect. They don't want the endnotes to reorder. In order to do this, I have used the script: https://creativepro.com/files/kahrel/indesign/footnote_endnote_conversion_cc2018.html

It works well to change the dynamic endnotes static except I have endnotes in tables and this script strips them out of the tables! Does anyone have a work around for this? I looked to see about creating a new file with Indesign 2017 - but I don't think I have access to that version of InDesign anymore.

I'm really stumped as to how I can fix this! Any suggestions welcome. Thank you!

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

The script now handles table notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Peter so kindly helped me with this exact problem...the script works like a dream! 

You need to apply the endnote number style in the Endnote Options window (Type > Document Endnote Options). That'll fix it.

Thanks for a fantastic script Peter!!

Unknown.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erica,

InDesign CC 2017 will not help. It does not support endnotes at all.

If you open an IDML exchange file from InDesign 2021 that contains endnotes with the old InDesign CC 2017, all endnotes and also the endnote text frames will be removed by the process. Best ask Peter Kahrel to update the script.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The script now handles table notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter!

This is terrific. Thank you very much! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,
When applying the script, the character style applied to the note in the text is not kept.

As the "new" note reference is applied before the automatic note, it doesn´t mantain the character style.

Is it possible to maintain the character style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you send me a sample file that shows the problem? Please write to me direct at pkahrel@gmail.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter so kindly helped me with this exact problem...the script works like a dream! 

You need to apply the endnote number style in the Endnote Options window (Type > Document Endnote Options). That'll fix it.

Thanks for a fantastic script Peter!!

Unknown.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines