Highlighted

convert footnotes to endnotes - missing!

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read/watched videos that instruct to convert footnotes to endnotes you select Type, 'convert footnote to endnote'.

Or, right click and select 'convert selected footnote to endnote'. 

I have CC and am up to date, so I don't know why this option/dialog box is missing entirely from my menu. Any ideas?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

Derek could be right. Depending on your operating system's version you still could be on e.g. InDesign CC 2018.1.

InDesign CC 2019 is not available for e.g. OS X 10.11.6 and maybe you missed the warning from CC Desktop App that a new version is out but you are not able to run it with your outdated operating system.

Details here:

InDesign system requirements

Regards,
Uwe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

convert footnotes to endnotes - missing!

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read/watched videos that instruct to convert footnotes to endnotes you select Type, 'convert footnote to endnote'.

Or, right click and select 'convert selected footnote to endnote'. 

I have CC and am up to date, so I don't know why this option/dialog box is missing entirely from my menu. Any ideas?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

Derek could be right. Depending on your operating system's version you still could be on e.g. InDesign CC 2018.1.

InDesign CC 2019 is not available for e.g. OS X 10.11.6 and maybe you missed the warning from CC Desktop App that a new version is out but you are not able to run it with your outdated operating system.

Details here:

Regards,
Uwe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 22, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that it is hidden. Go to Window > Workspace > Choose Extended (or some other would also be good), maybe you have to reset the workspace, then you will find the command in the type menu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You state your version of InDesign CC is up-to-date – which exact version do you have, the feature wasn't introduced until InDesign CC2019?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Details here:

Regards,
Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 1
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this must be the case. I am behind in updating my operating system, and it's caught up with me!

Thanks everyone!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 0
rubens2 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue here... Updating your system worked for you? Can you see now the menu item "convert footnotes and endnotes"? Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 0