• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

convert quark 2015 to InDesign CS6

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to convert quark 2015 files to InDesign CS6, OS High Sierra. When I go to InDesign, File, Open and select the quark doc it is faded and unavailable I changed "all readable docs" to "all docs" and got the message: "cannot open ... adobe indesign may not support thte file format, a plug in that supports the file format may be missing"

any ideas how i can do this?

thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

You're going to need a third-party converter to make this happen. There are several on the market, with varying degrees of effectiveness.

I recommend this one:

https://markzware.com/products/q2id/

Also, depending on the complexity of your QXP documents, don't assume any solution will work automatically and flawlessly. Careful attention and remedial fixes will likely be necessary to pull off a flawless recomposition of your QuarkXPress documents within InDesign.

Good luck,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to need a third-party converter to make this happen. There are several on the market, with varying degrees of effectiveness.

I recommend this one:

Also, depending on the complexity of your QXP documents, don't assume any solution will work automatically and flawlessly. Careful attention and remedial fixes will likely be necessary to pull off a flawless recomposition of your QuarkXPress documents within InDesign.

Good luck,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot open directly a XPress file in InDesign. See here:

Did not see that Randy answered before…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
InDesign can natively open only Quark 3 and 4 files. For 2015 you're going to need Q2ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines