• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converted indd file results in missing links

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work remotely with a team on magazine layouts and we use a shared dropbox for all our files. Whenever they work on a file and I open it everything is fine, however whenever after I work the the same file and my team opens it the links go missing, despite all the links still being on the shared dropbox. In the end they have to relink everything which is time consuming.

After a bit of research it was brought to my attention that whenever I open their indd files it marks "converted" on my end and requires me to use "save as" instead of simply saving it. This is probably because they work using the 2019 ver and I use the 2020 ver of indesign. 

Now my question is, because I am forced to "save as" therefore overwriting the old indd file is that the reason the links go missing whenever someone else opens it?

I need help and explanation on this because whenever its just between them there is not problem at all no missing links, only after I work on it.

some suggestions and work arounds would be great too thank you!

TOPICS
Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?