• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

converting PDF back into InDesign

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted an InDesign doc to Acrobat to change some pages around and saved it, but when I try to reopen that PDF back in InDesign it won't open because " InDesign may not support the file format, a plug in that supports the file format may be missing, or the file may be open in another application"

Im new to this so forgive me if its obvious, but im confused why the PDF wont convert back to InDesign when all I did was lightly edit the PDF by organizing the pages and adding a little text. The file is not open in any other applications.

Any help would be appreciated

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

InDesign doesn't OPEN PDF files. It can place PDF files as art, but they are not editable. There is no round-trip between InDesign and PDF files!

There is third party software (not free) which can TRANSLATE PDF file into InDesign but not without loss. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

You need to make these changes in InDesign and export a new PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign doesn't OPEN PDF files. It can place PDF files as art, but they are not editable. There is no round-trip between InDesign and PDF files!

There is third party software (not free) which can TRANSLATE PDF file into InDesign but not without loss. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make these changes in InDesign and export a new PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate answer correct.

If you used any other method, please share it here. It'll help other users having similar concern.

If you still have issues, let us know. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines