• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

converting text to outline lines below in paragraph rules disappear

Explorer ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printer in China needs InDesign fonts to be outlined. When I do this the lines below as paragraph rules disappear. I have looked around and it seems like a known bug. It doesn't do this in AI. I can package up with fonts, but they seem to want the pdf.

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Use Acrobat to convert the text to outlines (if you ACTUALLY need it)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Acrobat to convert the text to outlines (if you ACTUALLY need it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never usually need to do this for local printers.. I have packaged it up but I think they may further ask for it.. I will look into doing it in the acrobat as you said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a bug - it's worked that way since InDesign came on the market - you can request a feature update here - https://indesign.uservoice.com/

In the meantime - JMlevy gives good advice - do the conversion in Acrobat. https://www.copperbottomdesign.com/blog/converting-fonts-to-outlines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur with the other posters here that the most reliable way to accomplish this task is to use Adobe Acrobat's preflight feature to convert text to outlines. Here is an article from InDesignSecrets that outlines (pardon the pun) method: https://indesignsecrets.com/outlining-fonts-the-2016-edition.php

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines