Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy in numerous InDesign CC files have altered by itself – WEIRD

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,

This is a really odd problem I have at the moment. I was forced to update the adobe libraries the other day so I think that might have caused the issue.

In our InDesign files, I have placed our pull out quotes from Libraries (with certain formating) into our magazine issues all year. The quotes originally have dummy text and then we amend the copy to our desired quote in the article. 

Now... I have noticed that in one or two magazine issues with the pull out quotes from the libraries have been reverted back to the original dummy text that is in our library. So long story short... the copy has changed by itself. It is obviously some kind of library issue where the overrides have been cleared. Thing is... I have recieved not prompt in InDesign about this, t just did it magically when I updated libraries. Anyone else encountering the same isssue? I am due a call back from Adobe soon.

As you can see in these screenies, the pull out quotes say the same text, which are incorrect. This is really strange

Screenshot 2020-10-06 at 09.30.58.pngScreenshot 2020-10-06 at 09.30.44.png

Thanks in advance
Alice

TOPICS
Bug , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder, do you need to use the cloud-based Library? Do others have access to that cloud-based library and have edited it? Could you use the older Library file that stays resident on your hard drive or server?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Mike,

Thank you for your response. Turns out that others have access to that library and would have double clicked on the asset, amended it and that had a knock on effect on the files using that assett in the library.

Alice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines