• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy/Paste not working..

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am copying from a google spreadsheet into an InDD form. It was working fine and all the sudden this appeared on one of my columns. This happened about 6 months ago and when I updated it went away. I checked and there are no updates available right now. I don't know much about this stuff, but I have been doing these reports (copy/pasting answers) for over a year and this is only the second time this has happened. Now, if I hit paste anywhere on ANY of my InDD projects, either that pops up or nothing at all. 

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello@julianna5FA3 ,

The only thing I can think of is your keyboard shortcuts for indesign has gone corrupted. 2 ways this could be happening either a hardware issue or a software.

If the copy paste works in word or other software we can rule out the hardware issue.

Easy solution

Go to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts and then select default. With this we are resetting the shortcuts back to the default.

If that doesn't work i would then move to;

Medium solution

Reset your preferences

https://knowledgebase.catalogautomation.com/kb/additional-resources/using-adobe-indesign/resetting-i...

If this doesn't work then try;

Reinstalling indesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines