Highlighted

Could InDesign be corrupt?

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden I am having major problems placing jpgs. 

I asked in my title to this post if InDesign might be corrupt, but I have re-downloaded it and I am still having the same problem.

When I place a jpg it will either come in as the wrong size, or in some cases, so distorted as to be totally unrecognizable. 

I am the editor of a monthly community magazine and I am right on deadline and tearingf what little hair I have left out.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Could InDesign be corrupt?

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden I am having major problems placing jpgs. 

I asked in my title to this post if InDesign might be corrupt, but I have re-downloaded it and I am still having the same problem.

When I place a jpg it will either come in as the wrong size, or in some cases, so distorted as to be totally unrecognizable. 

I am the editor of a monthly community magazine and I am right on deadline and tearingf what little hair I have left out.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try to reset the InDesign preferences. Relaunch InDesign while holding down simultaneously the Shift, Ctrl, Alt keys [Win] Shift, Ctrl, Alt, Cmd keys [Mac] and do not release any keys until you see a warning message asking for confirmation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0
rob day LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the JPEGs coming from? Try resaving them from Photoshop as PSDs. If for some reason you want to keep the JPEG format use Photoshop’s Save As, and not Save for Web, or Export.

Save for Web saves the file with no output dimension info so it gets placed at 72ppi with the output dimensions scaled, which might account for the unexpected size when you place.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0