How to get all words from a document?

Rajendran
TOPICS
How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/how-to-add-word-and-image-count-values-in-c/td-p/11108356

What is different from this same question you asked before and marked a solution as correct as well.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, to fund out how many words there are in your word document look on the bottom left of word:

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 9.09.19 AM.png

and you can get all of the words from word to indesing by importing the document or copying and pasting.

hope this answers your questions.

thanks

jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

Based on the tags it seems the OP is interested in finding this through the sdk. This was asked and answered before as well, i have mentioned the link for the previous discussion

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been developing a plugin for our concern company in which we have fetched some count values, but I don't know how to fetch the word count using C++ and at the same time I have the code in JavaScript by using the script I'm not able to get the values in the edit box. So that I have used ITextModel, but I can't find the correct count value

Rajendran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In grep use

[\l\u-]+

And replace with 

$0

Eugene_Tyson_1-1591628229223.png

That will find a full-length word (including any manually inserted hyphens for example) - and replace each with what it found which is $0 means.

It will then give you a pop up of all the words found, and that's your word count.

Eugene_Tyson_0-1591628200442.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I need an C++ code for word count values or soemother guide line to get the word count values

Rajendran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/how-to-add-word-and-image-count-values-in-c/td-p/11108356

What is different from this same question you asked before and marked a solution as correct as well.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines