Highlighted

Crash when re-linking files

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am up to date on my software, but am still experiencing a spinning wheel and crash of the application when I try to re-link a single file in InDesign, and am unable to select an entire folder to re-link. Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Werner | Adobe Community Professional

Is this in one file or multiple files?

If one file, the file could be corrupted and you could save it as IDML and reopen:

Clean corrupt files by exporting to .IDML or .INX

If more than one file, you could try restoring InDesign preferences:

Set preferences in Adobe InDesign

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Crash when re-linking files

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am up to date on my software, but am still experiencing a spinning wheel and crash of the application when I try to re-link a single file in InDesign, and am unable to select an entire folder to re-link. Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Werner | Adobe Community Professional

If one file, the file could be corrupted and you could save it as IDML and reopen:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to tell us exactly what version of InDesign and what operating system you're running.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. Sorry about that.

Mac OS 10.13.6

Indesign CC 13.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I restored InDesign preferences and now I am able to re-link files one by one (it takes about 2 minutes for each re-link!), but still can't re-link groups of images from the same folder. Any suggestions for this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please confirm where the files are saved(Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, InDesign 15.1.1 x64. When I run spell-check on an InDesign file that contains a linked InDesign file, it opens the linked file, then freezes. It has been doing this consistently for the past several versions - more than a year I think. I trashed my Preferences file and it still does it. What's the fix?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines