• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash while importing PDF in InDesign 16.2.1

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the moment it updated to the latest 16.2.1 version, every time I attempted to import an existing pdf InDesign crashes. Am I doing something wrong or do others have the same issue? It makes it almost impossible to be productive when a rather basic function like that quits to function!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about this trouble. That's definitely not a typical experience with the application. To help you with this issue I would need a few more details like:

• Operating system.
  • Where the PDF and InDesign files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • Is the issue related to a specific document?

You may also try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/11394034?pag...) and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Dropbox

• it happens on just about any occasion I'm trying to import a PDF. I tried just as I was typing this and InDesign locked up again as well . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen if the files are not in your Dropbox folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it does. The import process locks up at the point on the picture attached . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one other strange thing is as soon as I give up, restart the application, InDesign is unresponsive . . .

as soon as I have a little time I'll try to follow up on the link provided previously by Srishti Bali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after a few more attempts to place various other PDF files into a totally different InDesign file, it all seems to be working perfectly fine . . . I have reason to believe that the PDF file I was supplied with from customer is at fault for causing this grief. I'll find out pretty quickly whether that is the case or not . . . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try holding Shift as you place the PDF. That is, press SHift as you click the Place button in the file dialogue, or turn on Show Import Options.

One problem I have noticed is when I change the crop options for placing a PDF. If the file I place cannot support the last cop options I set (perhaps I last used bleed but this file does not have a bleed) I run into problems. I forget what problem that is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines