• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crashing when I add text wrap

New Here ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mostly text document, which needs a few images interspersed through the text. I have set the text wrap to "detect edges".

Every time I

(a) move the text-wrapped image into the text

or

(b) place the image in the text and THEN text wrap it

the document produces a spinning wheel of death as soon as it has to do text-wrapping. Sits there thinking for two minutes, and then crashes.

HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've sent you a message, please check and update if the file is still creating issues for InDesign.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide more information –

• InDesign version?
  • Is the issue specific to a document? If yes, Can you please share the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening with just one document? Or all documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is just this one layout with the issue, it could be a corrupted document. Save the document as a IDML and then reopen in InDesign and see if the issue goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to know the solution also.  I'm running Indesign 16.0 x64 and anytime I click on the text wrap tool the program crashes.  I happens in any doc, new or existing, on a network drive or the computer's harddrive.  Only began happening when I did the most recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happens to me as well. I aplce an image in a text area, click the text wrap tool and the app crashes. Happens in new documents as well as in existing ones, both on network and on the local harddrive. However, I can create a frame, textwrap around it and the place the image in the frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines