Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

create a gif video or animation in pdf

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible in some way to place a gif or video or something in my folder.
So I have 2 images, one without the white dot grid and one with the dot grid. I want let the one with the dot grid blink a few times and then loop itself. Is there some kind of way to do this? I already made a GIF and a mov file with photoshop but both are not really working I think. It's weird because when I click on Preview Spread: EPUB it will show me a little box with a preview, and in that preview I can see to GIF working. But not when I save it as pdf, or interactive pdf.

Any idea? Thanks for your time 🙂

robbiebouchoms_0-1613560907142.png

robbiebouchoms_1-1613560933892.png

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe's implementation of the PDF specification does not support GIF animated images. (In fact, the multimedia aspect of the ISO PDF specification does not specify which if any video formats or multimedia formats are supported by any or all implementations.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EPUB is NOT PDF! While you may have some success with video in a PDF, animated GIP is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Is there maybe a way to let an image blink a few times in indesign, like to go from opacity 100 to 0 in 1 frame and back to 100 in 1 frame.

I've seen these things in different folders online. Where you see a cutout product and like 3 sec later you see the product from a different angle, that way you can show multiple angles of a product in a folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you've seen it online in a website where such an effect is very simple. Not going to work in a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, thanks for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe's implementation of the PDF specification does not support GIF animated images. (In fact, the multimedia aspect of the ISO PDF specification does not specify which if any video formats or multimedia formats are supported by any or all implementations.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines