Exit

Create a table with a few specific column bordered

Enthusiast ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I create a table like this?

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 15.19.47.png

Using Table > Create Table and then 2 rows by 10 columns I get a table that spans the whole width of the text frame, which I would like to avoid but have not gotten there yet. 

Going into Table Options and playing with the Column Borders I cannot get the borders of the 2nd and 10th column like in the picture.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

You will need to learn how to use the table stroke proxy—it represents the lines in the table. Click to gray out lines that don't need to change, click to change to blue lines where they do need to change. The line color, thickness and style are to the left of the proxy.

https://creativepro.com/targeting-table-borders-strokes/ 

~Barb

table.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to learn how to use the table stroke proxy—it represents the lines in the table. Click to gray out lines that don't need to change, click to change to blue lines where they do need to change. The line color, thickness and style are to the left of the proxy.

https://creativepro.com/targeting-table-borders-strokes/ 

~Barb

table.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing, thanks!

I also found how to change the width of selected columns but ... is it possible to make it adapt to the content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Inélsòre:

Cell heights can adapt their size to the contents, but you will need to adjust the width. You can drag the column boundaries with the Type tool, or use Table > Cell Options > Rows & Columns > Column Width. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines