• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

create identical files for the same project when I use A4 format and Letter format?

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m working on a project that should be available for US Letter format and Europe A4 format. 

I have a question as I´m not able to ask the first designer of this project how she did it and maybe someone can help? When opeing the two PDF documents I can see they look the same in both formats, for example both have the same word finnisihg on the same page. They look identical layout wise although their dimensions are different. 

But when I open the documents in Indesign, I have US version in Letter format inside the border line and the EU version in A4 format is not inside that border line and when I start to adjust so the text goes inside the borderline it won´t look the same as the US Letter format. Text gets adjustest and pages will look different like different words will end the pages.

So my question here is how can I create identical files for the same project when I use A4 format and Letter format? Please advice 

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Hi @Agnes Sellgren:

I would use Alternate Layouts to create the two versions in a single file with linked content. See https://creativepro.com/indesign-how-using-alternate-layout/.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Agnes Sellgren:

I would use Alternate Layouts to create the two versions in a single file with linked content. See https://creativepro.com/indesign-how-using-alternate-layout/.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines