Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create multiple templates in single document

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm working on a large document. I designed six different page layouts. I have the layouts sitting as my first 6 pages and I've been copying and pasting them to a new page throughout the rest of the document. Once I create a new page, I paste the desired layout in, edit the information for that page, make small changes, add a different picture, update the text, etc. 

Is there a better way to make an editable layout than copy paste?

I appreciate your help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Hi,

You will find that Master Pages are the way to go.

They work like internal templates, allowing you to control the structure of your pages.

If you update the Master Page, the controlled pages will be updated accordingly.

This is a powerful feature.

There are some clear explanations here Pages and spreads in InDesign (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You will find that Master Pages are the way to go.

They work like internal templates, allowing you to control the structure of your pages.

If you update the Master Page, the controlled pages will be updated accordingly.

This is a powerful feature.

There are some clear explanations here Pages and spreads in InDesign (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Eric Dumas! I did as suggested and then used Override All Master Page Items and it worked perfectly! Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Eric Dumas! I did as suggested and then used Override All Master Page Items and it worked perfectly! Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines