Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a button that opens to a whole new page in the same indesign doc

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community!

I am trying to create an large 45 page interactive pdf. On one page it includes a button clickable to another page full of images, I got that part down. My questions is this: how do I make sure that the secondary page only shows up in my Interactive PDF when the button is clicked and NOT be included in the entire pdf as people scroll through all 45 pages?

Is this clear enough?

TOPICS
How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Best to not have the images on a separate page; otherwise it will show up in the PDF. One way to do this could use Show/Hide button. Make the group of images a button, then on the trigger button, use Show/Hide to display the image group. Also, can't help but ask, could you do this in Publish Online? Then you could do it with a multi-state object, which is not supported in PDF. Here are some examples: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best to not have the images on a separate page; otherwise it will show up in the PDF. One way to do this could use Show/Hide button. Make the group of images a button, then on the trigger button, use Show/Hide to display the image group. Also, can't help but ask, could you do this in Publish Online? Then you could do it with a multi-state object, which is not supported in PDF. Here are some examples: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines