• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a Merged File from Data Merge without marging... Add me ghost margin oO !!

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm creating a card game, so my main document is 63mm x 89mm, I would like to export it on TableTop Simulator, so I just have set the Format Document seting to 63 multiply per 7 for example (so 441mm), and to create a Merged File, and all 7 of my records should be on the same page... Aaaand, it doesnt work...

I, of course, set a margin of ZERO everywhere, but it creates me a kind of "ghostly" margin :

Capture d'écran 2021-01-23 22.23.56.png

It's very hard to see it, but it exists, and this "push" every cards on the right, and at the end, I'm loosing almost one millimeter !!!!

To be sure, I deleted all the images, then I restaured, and deleted all texts, then restaured and deleted the first half of my document, then restaured and did the same for the second part : always the same result : Ghostly margin...

Any idea 😮 ?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

I contacted a professional, and we figured out that... There were probably an issue between the snaping of the grid and the one of the borders, because we figured out that my document was measuring "63.000000000000000000000013mm".................... >.> ..............
We had to fix the grid, then manually fix the file, and then, re-snap it correctly, and it works. It seems it's the reason why the black one was also injuried. Since now, it works...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Cant edit on this Forum... Like always... >.> )

It happens only on the right and left side, not in the upper and down side (I have other issues about these sides... But this is not the topic for now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d'écran 2021-01-23 23.28.27.png

There is a column of only one transparent pixel created at the left of my Merged File, the original image doesnt have it...
I thought about something : maybe it's because I'm working in a Mesure System (Metric in this case), but converting my file into Pixel System is a bit tricky xD ... I would have to remake a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of things, and it would not be as precise as a Mesurement System...

Also, in InDesign, the preview show me a "column of one blank pixel" on the left side, but it's maybe just the preview tool, it's maybe not related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a very complicated thing, and I hope it will not be an issue for the Printer...
I set the Format of the Document in "Pixel mode", as a multiple of 63x89.
It was really a pain, and... Hmmm... I succesfully did it.
There is no "ghost pixel column" in the left, and the separation between the cards are perfect.

So, this is my conclusion : InDesign really dont like mesurement systems... ><

Any more advices about the subject maybe ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... I was too enthousiasm, I doesnt work for 8...

It's just crazy, it works for 7 and 10 entries side to side, but 8... No.......................... >< !!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TestID.png

I dont understand why InDesign dont allow me to snap my things on the borders... I checked everything : it's a new documents, the size of the black rectangle is 63x89mm, the merged focument is 630x89mm, and... It puts me ghost line of pixel between them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted a professional, and we figured out that... There were probably an issue between the snaping of the grid and the one of the borders, because we figured out that my document was measuring "63.000000000000000000000013mm".................... >.> ..............
We had to fix the grid, then manually fix the file, and then, re-snap it correctly, and it works. It seems it's the reason why the black one was also injuried. Since now, it works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Almost one year later, I have the exact same issue, and it's not a problem about a .0000001mm issue >< ...

This software exhaust me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines