• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a simple e-brochure

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to InDesign but have to urgently create a brochure ASAP.  It is intended for sending as an attachment to emails rather than being printed on paper. (Alternatively, I suppose it could be cloud based and accessed through a link.)

I've created 3-panel paper brochures in the past, However, that format doesn't work well when seen as a pdf. Any guidance on how to approach this kind of project that will be seen only as an electronic document? 

Thank you.

Robert

TOPICS
How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> through a link

May be "publish online" feature is what you need.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that suggestion. I have started looking into that and it might be the way to go. However, when reading up on this, I also learned that one can create an "Interactive PDF" with InDesign, which also looks promising. So now I have a couple of options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd strongly advice against any kind of mass mailing of PDF. Some email apps just don't play nice with them, and you will spend your time troubleshooting - or not know what sales or contacts you lost because of the end users' issues. Suggest instead you put up a brochure on a web site, and post a short, nicely formatted email, encouraging people to read it. It also avoids really annoying people who pay for bandwidth, or are trying to manage their email on the train, or whatever. So I'd really go with the link, and make the email attractive (but not overdesigned).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for being so slow to reply. I don't intend to do a mass mailing, but only send it one by one to people I know. Perhaps a few every week. So I don't think I need to worry about the problems associated with mass mailings. But I do appreciate the advice and will keep it in mind if I am ever in the market for doing something on a larger scale. 

Thanks again for your valuable insight. 

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A static PDF created from InDesign of your leaflet will be fine for distribution as an email attachment. You can also add the PDF to a website so that people can download it from there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines