• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a table align text rows and columns

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I need to create the table like in the attached file. 

What is the best way to go about this, so I can easily keep all rows and columns aligned?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"keep all rows and columns aligned"

Aligned to what?

FWIW: If you like to build a table like the one from your JPEG file just set the values of left and right insets you are using throughout all cells of column the same value. Also the with a row: do the same values for top and bottom insets. And check the start value of the first baseline in all cells to be the same.

What did you try and is not working as expected?

Could you show a screenshot of that with hidden characters visible and also frame edges?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use InDesign's Table feature, with various settings, as Uwe mentions. 

Are you using the Table feature, and having trouble with it? Or, if just getting started, check it out. I have a course on LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) how to use this feature: http://bit.ly/IDTables

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could use the table function but not sure how to resize the column width as they need to be different sizes, would also need the table lines to not be visible. Would this be possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolutely. Not difficult at all. You can easily control all these settings. If you can't view the video lessons I posted, try to find some basic table tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines