• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Classifed ads page in our newspaper layout

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! We publish a monthly newspaper with a classifieds section. Currently, our designer is simply wrapping the text for the classifieds across two pages and spacing it as best he can (the classified breaks are a separate layer). Obviouly this is a bit of a headache since a change in one area ripples through the layout. Wondering if there's a plugin or feature in InDesign that'd automate this process or at least make it easier?

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the »classified breaks « exactly? 

Please post screenshots including the pertinent Panels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect editions/versioning based on multiple publications. Like using one template and generating all the editions with a single InDesign file.

On that count, I imagine that the process may well be fraught with peril. If it was me, I'd be setting up different InDesign document files for each edition. Jus' sayin' ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder if the »breaks« the OP mentioned are just simple lines or comparable design elements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can your provide some more information and screen shots Embed image.png   to explain what you are now doing, and what you are trying to do? I am not following what your current process is, or what issues you are having with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple. You may want to check out these links for more information.

https://www.newspapermanager.com/ad-management

https://fakebrains.com/classified-legal-ad-management/

Both of these are more comprehensive classified ad management programs, from job ticketing through to invoicing/fulfillment, with corresponding price points, but they also include copy processing capabilities for InDesign that make production a snap.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines