• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating EPub Document using InDesign CC 2018?

Advocate ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a phone interview tomorrow for creating Adobe inDesign documents for eLearning. inDesign is a product I have used over the years. However, it's not an app I feel as confident using as other Adobe Products.

I would like to know how to create an ePub using Adobe inDesign CC 2018. Can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign EPUB forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital publications are known generically as eBooks and there are several formats.

The first thing you should know is there are two kinds of ePub – Reflowable text ePub and Fixed Layout ePub. And a third if you want to use it on a Kindle – this is called a mobi format and you can convert an ePub into a mobi file.

You can also produce other kinds of digital publications from InDesignCC2018, such as PDFs, and Publish Online and from third party vendors such as in5.

Each type of digital format has advantages (features) and disadvantages – none it perfect!

You can learn more about how to produce digital (and printed) publications from personal training (in colleges and training companies), books, such as the Classroom in a Book series and online video tutorials, such as those from Pluralsight.com (10 days free) and Lynda.com (30-days free).

Not in time for your interview though!

P.S. I understand that Adobe Captivate is the application to use for eLearning authoring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have this problem. When I export to e-pub my URL links get hyphenated - and naturally they stop working. What can I do? Regards Jens Bladt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines