• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Home button

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.  I can't seem to make this work.  I have CC InDesign 16.1.  I have created a button on a page to take me back to the Table of Contents in a document.  I have created a bookmark (anchor) to go to as the action in the Buttons and Forms panel.  I believe I have it correct?  When I export to pdf, I include bookmarks and hyperlinks and appearance.   When I export I see it in Acrobat DC.  Table of Contnets bookmark/links work but the Home button doesn't.  I tried look through help section and can't seem to get it going.  What am I missing?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this purpose, I set up the document as single pages so they can be more clearly read on tablets and smart phones and, in addition to the Contents link at the bottom of each page I add previous and next page buttons (arrows) and on the contents page I replace the Contents button with a Cover button.

To set this up put a word or words (or a button shape) on your Master Page and if, for example, your ToC is on page 2, under the Type menu select  Hyperlink and Cross-References, New Hyperlink and select Link to Page and select Page 2 and apply it to all document pages except the Contents page.

Do not use mult-state buttons, they won't work on mobile devices, like tablets and smart phones.

Export as an Interactive PDF. I choose for this, Fit Height, Single Page Continuous.

sample.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Derek, thanks for your response.  It pointed me in the right direction.  I didn't want the button on every page so I placed individually where I needed it.  Using hyperlinks from the menu worked just fine.  still couldn't get it to woek from the buttons pane.  Weird.  couldn't get the button to copy and paste so had to make a picture have the hyperlink.  Alls well that ends well.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines