Creating page numbers and then printing a spread to pdf

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added page numbers to my facing pages document and then changed the order to begin on the 4th page at "page 1". Now, I can't get the spread of the first two numbered pages to export as a two-page pdf. InDesign insists on including the first three non numbered pages. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Performance, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I messed up my workflow. If I wait to set the pages until I'm done with my layout, it goes smoothly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a few options...

• If product is being printed on a high-end laser printer, it may have built in impostion settings. Then you don't have to do anything special to your InDesign file.
  • You can use the File > Print Booklet option to impose your document to a printer directly.
  • You can set the InDesign document up as so using the "Allow Spread to Shuffle" settings and the numbering/section options in the Pages panel (I've attached the sample ID file). The numbers you see are automatic page number; you could then print as spreads.

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Allow Document Pages to Shuffle fixed my problem! Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines