• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating PDF from indesign using articles - only half the document is tagged on export

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using articles to ensure the correct tag order on a document I'm laying out. I have added everything to the article tree (one article per page) and it all appears in the tree, all is ticked to export, and yet of my 10 page document only the first six pages are exporting the tags into the PDF. Even if I export just page 7-10 the tags are not appearing. I redid the articles after this happened on my first attempt, but it hasn't fixed it. Any suggestions most welcome. Images below show the article tree in indesign and the resulting PDF tag tree.Screenshot 2021-04-14 134725.pngScreenshot 2021-04-14 134832.png

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

I have solved what was breaking it.

On the pages that wouldn't export I had used transparency to make a caption legible. The second I deleted the transparent objects the bounding boxes returned to normal, and the interactive elements export.

I don't know if this is previously known, but transparency appears to interrupt the export process for interactive PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - I have noticed that the bounding boxes on the pages that woun't export are a different colour to those on the pages that work. However, they are all on the same layers. Is this something that might be related?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screen shot of those different colored frames? I'm wondering if you have those frames tagged using XML tags? Also, remember that if you select an object and choose Artifact in the Object Export Optioons, it will override the fact that it's in the Articles panel and will not be tagged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding!

Here are the strangely coloured frames (and hidden characters). First image is from one of the pages that is working correctly. Second is from a naughty page. They are using the same layers but the erroneous pages appear much darker.

I have also noticed that none of the alt text or hyperlinks have exported. No interactive elements at all. I tried copying the pages into a new document but had the same issue.

I have not got the frames tagged under object export options. It is set to 'From Structure' for all objects.

Screenshot 2021-04-16 090459.pngScreenshot 2021-04-16 090604.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have solved what was breaking it.

On the pages that wouldn't export I had used transparency to make a caption legible. The second I deleted the transparent objects the bounding boxes returned to normal, and the interactive elements export.

I don't know if this is previously known, but transparency appears to interrupt the export process for interactive PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines