Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud File Conflict

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been getting an error where InDesign creates a duplicate of the currently worked file, it calls it the same but it adds between brackets ((Conflicted copy ...).

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

I was able to reproduce your conflict file from my CC folder by working on and saving the same sync'd file simultaneously from two different computers:

Screen Shot 7.png

If you are collaborating with other users, one option might be to drag the file on to your desktop while you work on the file, which would hide it from other users, then return it to the CC folder when you are finished editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to InDesign]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like the files are in a Dropbox folder and Dropbox doesn't know which version you want so you get both with that note.

This is not an InDesign issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Dropbox in use, Adobe Creative Cloud instead.

Spoke to Adobe support yesterday and couldn't get a clear answer, they said that InDesign is possibly creating a copy as the original could be corrupted (both files are ok).

Besides that, I also got a link to an article that to me works as a disclaimer.

Illustrator support for networks and removable media

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Dropbox in use, Adobe Creative Cloud instead.

Are you storing files in your Creative Cloud Files folder (/Users/username/Creative Cloud Files) to sync the files to your account or collaborate with another user?

The reason I ask is your capture doesn't show the green check marks you would normally get when working in your CC folder and your AI link is about working across a local network, which wouldn't necessarily be related.

A sync'd  Creative Cloud Files folder

Screen Shot 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reproduce your conflict file from my CC folder by working on and saving the same sync'd file simultaneously from two different computers:

Screen Shot 7.png

If you are collaborating with other users, one option might be to drag the file on to your desktop while you work on the file, which would hide it from other users, then return it to the CC folder when you are finished editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice in cases like this is to pick up the phone and tell others that you’ll be working on it. Unfortunately this workflow does not support the lock files being synched. Same issue with Dropbox and OneDrive.

Communication is key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I get this all the time, and none of the replies so far have been "answers" at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer was there...

If multiple people work on the file as the same time, you will get this result. Technically, it doesn't have to be at the same exact time--upload speed can cause this problem too or the file was left open on someone's computer. 

Solution: make sure files are worked on by one person at a time. Then be sure to give enough time for the file to upload to the cloud servers and to download to the other computers before someone else works on it.

Although not as common, it can also happen if a computer's clock is not in sync. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this all the time with inDesign, at least once a week. No idea why.

I work in the CC folder with one computer.  I store the files in CC. No one else works on the files. I have Dropbox, but do not work in it.

For me, the files are not the same. The conflicted copy will be the most up-to-date version, though sometimes I am unable to open it so will have to resort to the "real" version which may or may not be from a recent save. Sometimes most of a day's work will be lost.

Sometimes I can reopen it, save as with a new name and all seems good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in the CC folder with one computer. 

So you never log into your CC account on a different computer—i.e., home work, or desktop laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The conflicted copy will be the most up-to-date version

Also, are the conflicted files InDesign files? I’ve run into problems with files from other apps that have a preference to auto save at a set time interval. The save interval was less than the time it took to upload the sync file, and I was getting conflicts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same and I don't understand why people question what you say. I work alone and on the same laptop. And then suddenly with no apparent reason at all, I get dozens of notifications telling me that my file cannot be sycnced, after which a conflicted copy appears in my CC folder. Maybe it's a connection problem or something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines